Terms and Conditions
Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully before proceeding.
By placing an order on the FLOWERS.co.za website or when ordering through our call centre and customer services team, you are agreeing to the below terms and conditions.
FLOWERS.co.za is not an Internet service provider, however in order to access the FLOWERS.co.za website, you must have internet access and all the software and appropriate skills required for email and web usage.
FLOWERS.co.za reserves the right to reject any order without giving reasons. In the event of rejection, we will refund or cancel any payments received via the payment method used to place the order.
All orders must be paid for in full before the order can be processed. Failure to pay by the specified cut-off time may result in the order being cancelled.
Customer and Recipient information
It is your responsibility to ensure that you provide us with accurate recipient information on your order. We cannot be held responsible for a failed delivery if we do not receive the correct address and contact details for the recipient.
During the check-out process, you will need to provide us with the following information:
- Your email address
We use this information to provide a better customer experience by sending you order confirmations and delivery confirmations. We may also need to contact you in the event that there is a problem with your order. Please ensure that your email address is accurate.
- Your full name
We will use this information when communicating with you.
- Your telephone number (and mobile number where possible)
We use this information to contact you in the event of problems with the order such as payment failures or delivery issues.
- Recipient's full name, address and contact numbers
We require this information in order to deliver the flowers you have ordered. It is vital that the recipient's address and contact numbers are accurate. Failure to provide us with a valid delivery address and the correct recipient details may result in the order not being delivered and an additional delivery fee being charged for re-delivery to the correct address.
Please check all spelling carefully as we may not be able to amend spelling errors (especially at busy times).
All transactions on the FLOWERS.co.za website will be processed in South African Rands (ZAR). We accept all major credit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Diners Club and American Express. We also offer Autopay, FNB Cell Pay Point, Ukash and Direct Deposit facilities. Members may pay using their loyalty points earned on previous orders.
All payments must be received before orders can be processed. You may not make any speculative, false or fraudulent purchases on the FLOWERS.co.za website.
Credit Card Payments
- You must be the owner of the credit card being used to make payment. If you are using somebody else's credit card for payment you must have full permission to use the card.
- Internet transfers or cash deposits must be made before the 12h00 cut-off time on the date of delivery. Failure to pay within the allocated time will result in the order not being processed and will delay the delivery date accordingly. If payment is not made within 48 hours of the order being placed, the entire order will be cancelled.
Loyalty Points Payments
- A member wishing to use loyalty points to pay for an order in full or in part may do so for all orders including special offers. Any loyalty points earned on these orders will apply to the final remaining amount to be paid in ZAR. Should loyalty points be used to pay for an order in full, then no additional loyalty points will be earned on that particular order.
Same Day Delivery
- Flower orders through FLOWERS.co.za can be delivered on the same day, provided the order is placed and paid for before 12h30 on weekdays and 10h00 on Saturdays. We cannot guarantee a specific time but will do our very best to meet your requests. Normal delivery times for florists are between 08h00 and 17h00 weekdays and 10h00 and 14h00 on Saturdays.
There are no deliveries on Sundays or Public Holidays.
Next Day Delivery
- If you would like your order delivered the next day or in advance we, again, cannot guarantee a specific delivery time but can guarantee the order will be delivered on the day you have selected (providing the recipient is there to accept delivery).
What happens if the Person I'm sending to isn't there?
- This does happen from time to time and, when it does, our florists follow a fail-safe procedure. If there's nobody home, they will leave a card to say they called, inviting the gift recipient to contact them and arrange a convenient time for delivery or collection. They may also leave the gift with a neighbour or colleague and will contact the recipient informing them of this arrangement.
Specific Delivery Times
- Specific delivery times cannot be guaranteed. Deliveries are made between 08h00 and 17h00 Monday to Friday. (Some of our florists also deliver on Saturday mornings). If you would like to request a morning or afternoon delivery you may do so, but there will be an additional charge. Unfortunately we cannot offer a specific morning or afternoon delivery service for couriered products.
- If you are ordering flowers, hampers and gifts for a special occasion or if there is a deadline to when the gift must be received, please ensure that we have a way of contacting you. Complications arise (for instance, you're sending a gift to a friend in hospital and they've been discharged) and the sooner we are able to get in touch with you to find an alternative solution the sooner the gift can be delivered successfully.
Gourmet & Gift Hampers and Other Products
- These products will be delivered by courier.
Orders need to be placed before 14h00 on weekdays and anytime on weekends. If an order is placed within the specified parameters, delivery of these will take between 1 and 3 working days, depending on the delivery location (outlying areas may take longer). There are NO deliveries of couriered products on Saturdays, Sundays or Public Holidays. We can't guarantee a specific delivery time but will make every effort to meet your requests. Normal delivery times for our couriers are weekdays between 08h00 and 17h00.
- If you have already sent your order and realise that you need to change something (perhaps an address or a delivery date), please contact our customer service department [Link to Contact us page] as quickly as possible. Have all the relevant details to hand, including the order number, recipient name and address. If the order has not already been dispatched, we should be able to make any necessary changes.
- Most holidays are very active periods for the delivery of floral products (e.g. Valentine's Day, etc) and because of the volume of gifts being delivered during these times, we ask that you place your order with us as soon as possible, and at least several days in advance of the delivery date, to help us plan ahead and ensure a successful delivery on the specified date.
Please note that we do not deliver flowers on Sundays or public holidays and our hampers/couriered products can only be delivered on weekdays (public holidays not included). We rely on third parties to deliver our products, so please let us know as soon as possible if an item has not been delivered and we will do our best to resolve the problem for you as quickly as possible.
Flower availability and substitutions
All floral products are subject to availability. Floral products pictured on the website may vary slightly in design or appearance to the delivered item. This is due to seasonal availability and design interpretation. However, careful and professional attention will be given to every order to ensure that it is as similar as possible to the product displayed on the website.
Due to stock availability, our florists reserve the right to substitute flowers, vases, products and outer wrapping with an item of similar style and equivalent (or greater) value and quality. Where possible and if the substitution is significant, we will try to contact you to inform you of any substitutions, but we are not obligated to do so. If we are unable to contact you via the contact methods provided prior to the time that we make up your order, we will assume that you accept the substitution. If you wish to discuss any substitutions we have made, please contact our customer services team.
The same applies to our other products, in some cases stock may not be available and a suitable substitutions may be made.
Although we do our best to ensure that this does not happen, sometimes flowers may arrive at their destination slightly damaged. If the recipient receives damaged flowers, please contact us within 24 hours of the delivery time so that we can arrange for one of the following:
- a replacement order on the next available delivery date, or
- a full refund
Refunds and Complaints
FLOWERS.co.za offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee. This applies to the products and services that we (or our fulfillment partners) have direct control over. The guarantee is not applicable to issues that are outside our control such as incorrect or incomplete addresses provided by the customer or refused deliveries (for example, a refused delivery to a hospital or corporate premises) or flowers not cared for properly by the recipient. Please refer to our Flowercare section for more details on how to care for fresh cut flowers.
All complaints must be logged with our customer service department within 24 hours of delivery and must include a picture of the unsatisfactory product to qualify for a refund. Due to the nature of perishable items used, all complaints must be valid and within reason. FLOWERS.co.za may question or challenge any complaints and will use professional discretion when dealing with complaints and issuing refunds. We reserve the right to withdraw the unsatisfactory items for review and before all refunds can be made.
- In the event of non-delivery of floral products on the selected delivery date that is due to the fault of our florist, we will either refund you in full or redeliver your order on a suitable date.
- Should we attempt to deliver and the recipient is not there we will make one more attempt at delivery before charging an additional delivery fee.
- Where a specific delivery time is requested and the additional charge paid for in full, and in the event of late-delivery on our part or due to the fault of our florist, we will either refund you the delivery charge paid on your order or offer compensation via discount vouchers to be redeemed on future purchases on the website.
- In the event of damaged products being received, we will either refund you in full or redeliver a replacement for the damaged product(s). Please note that it will be necessary to return the original product in order to receive the refund or replacement.
- If we are unable to fulfill your order, we will refund you in full.
- If we send the wrong product, we will resend the correct product. Please note that it will be necessary to return the original (incorrect) product delivered.
Please note that all compensation will be in the form of a full or partial refund against the original payment or in the form of discount vouchers for use in a future order. We are unable to provide any other form of financial compensation under any circumstances.
FLOWERS.co.za may run promotions and offer certain products at discounted prices from time to time. These offers are valid from the time that we introduce them to the end date of the offer only. Should you purchase a product in advance that is subsequently offered at a discounted rate over the delivery period of your purchase, the price of the product at the time of purchase shall 'prevail'. We are unable to offer special offer discounts for purchases that have already been made.
As our special offers depend on the availability of products, we may change the terms of special offers, or withdraw them altogether, at any time, and without prior notice.
We also reserve the right to offer different personalised special offers, vouchers and promotions and it will therefore only be possible for the customer in receipt of the special offer or voucher to redeem the discount.
FLOWERS.co.za is not liable or responsible for any allergic reactions to any of the fresh products purchased on the website. Please note that our florists and hamper or confectionery suppliers may have nuts in the area where the products are created and packaged.
You must be over 18 years of age to place an order for alcoholic products on the FLOWERS.co.za website. By placing an order, you confirm that you and/or the recipient of a gift containing alcohol are over the age of 18.
FLOWERS.co.za contains graphics, information, data, editorial and other content accessible by any Internet user and similar content, which is accessible only to our subscribing members. Whether in the free section or in the subscription section of the Service, all Content is owned and/or copyrighted by Silverleaf Flower Company trading as FLOWERS.co.za. FLOWERS.co.za is protected by copyright as a compilation, pursuant to copyright laws and international conventions.
By registering with FLOWERS.co.za, you agree to provide accurate and current information about yourself as well as family members/friends registered on your account including correct names, addresses, email address and any other requested details and to update that information if it changes. You are also responsible for the correct use of data or information supplied by another family member or friend that registers using your email address. If you are asked for, and provide details of a credit card or any other payment method, in that event you must ensure that (a) you are fully entitled to use that card, and (b) it has available funds sufficient to cover the charges which are deducted from it. After registration you will be sent an email to verify that the email address you use for registration is controlled by you.
FLOWERS.co.za users are entitled to register for free. FLOWERS.co.za reserves the right to change the membership and conditions of membership from time to time.
Members agree to:
Take responsibility for all acts that occur under their account or password.
Maintain the confidentiality of their password and login identity.
Provide only accurate and appropriate personal information and refrain from posting sexually explicit and foul language.
Keep all personal information posted on the website up-to-date and within the convention of good taste.
We do not review individuals' profiles looking for inappropriate material, but if it is brought to our attention, we will require that you revise or delete the inappropriate information.
Members agree NOT to:
Republish information found in the site without first obtaining written permission from us.
Abuse of FLOWERS.co.za conduct
In the event that you violate these Terms and Conditions, FLOWERS.co.za has the right to suspend or terminate any Member's account to the FLOWERS.co.za service or parts of it.
Communications between FLOWERS.co.za and it's members
FLOWERS.co.za will send electronic mail to members, for the purpose of informing them of changes or additions to FLOWERS.co.za, or of any FLOWERS.co.za related products and services. You may opt out of this notification service by replying to the electronic mail that is sent with the word "unsubscribe" (without the quotes) in the subject line or by clicking on the opt out button provided.
Should you breach this Agreement, FLOWERS.co.za will revoke your use of the Members Service and suspend your right of access.
FLOWERS.co.za Loyalty Points Scheme
Once you are registered as a member on the website you may earn loyalty points on purchases made. You must be logged into your profile for the loyalty points to be calculated and added to your account correctly. Failure to login when placing your order will result in the points not being allocated correctly and they cannot be added to your account after the order is confirmed.
The following rules apply:
- You must be logged in to earn your points.
- Points are not earned on delivery costs.
- If you are redeeming points on a purchase the new points earned will be calculated on the outstanding amount to still be paid in on that order. Should loyalty points be used to pay for an order in full then no additional loyalty points will be earned on that purchase.
- FLOWERS.co.za reserves the right to make certain products exempt from earning points.
- At least R150 must be spent in a single purchase to qualify for FLOWERS.co.za loyalty points.
- FLOWERS.co.za loyalty points can be used on all purchases, including special offers.
- The redemption value of one loyalty point is R1.00. The redemption value may change at any time at the discretion of FLOWERS.co.za management. A change shall not affect loyalty points issued prior to the date of change.
- FLOWERS.co.za reserves the right to alter or amend the conditions of operation of the Loyalty Points scheme, or to terminate the scheme at any time without notice. No alteration, amendment or termination of the scheme will affect any points previously earned.
Links to other websites
This site may contain links to other websites operated by third parties other than FLOWERS.co.za.
Such links are provided for your convenience only. FLOWERS.co.za does not control such websites and is not responsible for their content. The fact that this website contains links to other websites does not mean that FLOWERS.co.za approves of, endorses or recommends those websites, nor does it imply any association with their operators. FLOWERS.co.za disclaims all warranties, express or implied, as to the accuracy, legality, reliability or validity of any content of any other website and disclaims all responsibility for any loss, injury, claim, liability or damage of any kind resulting from any third party websites or content therein directly or indirectly accessed through links in this website.
The information, products, and services included on this website may include inaccuracies or typographical errors.
Changes are periodically added to the information herein.
FLOWERS.co.za and its third party suppliers provide all content in this service "AS IS", and without any warranty of any kind.
FLOWERS.co.za, and its third party suppliers make no representations concerning the suitability, reliability or accuracy of the content or the service provided on the service for any purpose. We and our third party suppliers disclaim all warranties, expressed or implied, in connection with the content and the services provided on the service, including conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement. In no case will we or our third party providers be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, special or other damages including, without limitation, lost or delay of use, lost profits, loss of data or any other damage in contract, tort, equity or any other legal theory, even if advised of the possibility thereof.
FLOWERS.co.za, may, from time to time, provide opportunities to users of the website to link to or buy services from third parties. Websites of those third parties may be subject to terms and conditions different from those found here. FLOWERS.co.za makes no warranty concerning third party provided goods or services and you agree that any recourse for dissatisfaction or problems with those goods or services will be sought from the third party provider and not from FLOWERS.co.za.
Because some countries do not allow the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, this limitation may not apply in part to you.
This user Agreement is governed by South African law and any dispute connected with this agreement is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the South African courts.
Modifications to this agreement and the service
FLOWERS.co.za has the right, at its sole discretion, to modify this Agreement or the Service at any time. Changes in service will be posted on the FLOWERS.co.za site, or sent via e-mail. Continued use of the service now or following posted notices of changes in this Agreement means that you have accepted and are bound by the changes.
If you wish to contact us by post, our contact address is: P.O.Box 84083, Greenside, 2034, South Africa.